Photos- copyright 2013 Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Fall Drive


I received my new camera on Friday and can't put it down. I haven't even looked through the manual or learned the settings, but I keep shooting away anyway. For me, it is the only way to really get to know a new camera and so far I love it. Early this morning I decided to take a drive and ended up at the river's edge watching the Valley View Ferry. Kentucky is so beautiful right now and today temperatures hovered around 80 degrees!

I tried shooting one of my favorite farms, but I had a few visitors. They were very inquisitive and followed me all along the fence line, putting their heads in front of my camera. lol Aren't they gorgeous?







 The ferry operator was kind enough to invite me aboard for a ride across the river. It was a very peaceful view.

3 comments:

pat said...

Oh my goodness, what a beautiful autumn you are having! Love the before and after shots of that tree; I like studies like this. I am so glad to see you posting again--I've missed you! What camera did you get?

Regina said...

Thank you Pat. Nice hearing from you! I have been so busy with sports that the poor nature blog gets neglected. I was also struggling with my K20 which zapped most of my inspiration to get out shooting. I upgraded to the Pentax K5 and it is a dream so far! It feels so much like my K100 which I loved dearly. Your 100mm is still going strong, even helped me shoot many championship season Kentucky basketball games. :)I don't think I'll ever be able to part with it. ♥ Thanks for stopping in. I hope to get back in the swing of things. Hope all is well on your end!

Pam of alwaysartistic said...

Wow beautiful photos. I love to see the fun adventures you go on. Always such beautiful scenery.

Enjoy your new camera... I want to upgrade one day soon... So I haven't bought any new lenses as I may want to switch from Canon... I haven't decided yet, but this way I am not limited.

COPYRIGHT

Copyright for these photos belongs solely to Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.